Battling the Storm Within

Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Cause Of Depression May Be The Result Of You Being Too Nice, And It Makes A Lot Of Sense

There is such a thing as being too nice, too giving and too caring. To overcome depression you must stop the habit of bending over to gain people’s approval. I know, it’s easier said than done. But no one said it’d be easy.
 
Those who are affected by depression tend to be people-pleasers. And yet, ironically, quite often their actions are viewed by others as selfish and self-centered. For over three decades I believed in that crap myself. I believed I was selfish and self-involved. I was convinced I had nothing to offer. I also thought that it didn’t matter what I thought. That my opinion was less important than anyone else’s. It seemed as if I was always living someone else’s life.
Finally, after two major brain seizures caused by a suicide attempt, I stopped living someone else’s life and looked deep within…
 
Feeling blue


Read more...
http://simplecapacity.com/2015/12/the-cause-of-depression-may-be-the-result-of-you-being-too-nice-and-it-makes-a-lot-of-sense/

Learn more...
www.battlingthestormwithin.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can this also be caused by an abusive person?

Unknown said...

Can this also be caused by an abusive person?