Battling the Storm Within

Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Man Behind the Mask: An Advocate’s Perspective on Suicide

man behind the mask


After experiencing rape in the military, Brian Lewis struggled with suicide. Don’t let the mask fool you.

—-
People say they follow me on Facebook. People “know” the supposedly successful military sexual trauma advocate I have become. People come up to me thanking me for making a stand about the bad treatment survivors receive from the Department of Defense and the Veterans Health Administration. People see that I worked with other survivors to found Men Recovering from Military Sexual Trauma to bring light to the knowledge that a majority of service members being raped in the military are men. People know that I have “overcome” the trauma to become a second year student at Hamline University School of Law.

Read more...
http://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/the-man-behind-the-mask-an-advocates-perspective-on-suicide/

Learn more...

www.battlingthestormwithin.com

No comments: