Battling the Storm Within

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Ending Harassment Of Women In The Corps Starts With Marine Leadership

U.S. Marine Corps enlistees Emily Warren, Carlota Rolden, Dylan Kowalski and Maria Daume meet Maj. Gen. Paul Kennedy, commanding general of Marine Corps Recruiting Command, outside of the Fox News building in New York City, Aug. 17, 2016.


As a Marine vet, I love the Corps and I tend to focus on the positives aspects of service. While I was on active duty from 20022008, I never talked about harassment and assault nor spent much time contemplating the severity of the problems. The result is guilt I still carry today.


My last active-duty billet was at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island. At 4th Recruit Training Battalion, I was responsible for the training and welfare of women who had just joined the Corps and were attempting to complete boot camp.


Read more...
http://taskandpurpose.com/ending-harassment-women-corps-starts-marine-leadership/

No comments: