Battling the Storm Within

Monday, October 10, 2016

15 Years Later, We’re Still Fighting In Afghanistan And No One Cares


Marines kneel down beside the battlefield cross to pay their final respects to Sgt. Bradley Atwell during a memorial ceremony, Sept. 20, 2012.
Oct. 7 marks 15 years since the war began in Afghanistan. It’s still going, but no one is paying attention anymore. I remember reading George C. Herring’s book “America’s Longest War” when I was studying history as an undergrad and couldn’t wrap my head around how the conflict in Vietnam could have gone on as long as it did. I naively assured myself that despite how horrific the toll of that war was, at least we had learned from our mistakes and would never let that happen again. I couldn’t have been more wrong.


Read more...
http://taskandpurpose.com/15-years-later-still-fighting-afghanistan-no-one-cares/?utm_content=buffer2b031&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=tp-buffer


Learn more...
www.battlingthestormwithin.com

1 comment:

Oli Li said...

it's sad of course... very sorry to stop such actions ordinary people can not, but the policy probably can.... but probably not doing anything because there's a lot of money ask.naij.com/ I was just on this website I read that more than half of people don't believe it