Battling the Storm Within

Saturday, March 12, 2016

How To Explain PTSD To Someone Who Doesn’t Get It – But Really Wants To

Several years ago I wrote a post called, 10 Tips for Understanding Someone With PTSD. The idea for the piece came from what I wish my family had known when I was struggling with symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. Since then I’ve received so many emails from survivors asking how to explain to friends and family what they need to know in order to participate in the life of a PTSD survivor. I’ve also received so many emails from caregivers asking for advice about how to support a loved one. The emails always start with, “I’m not suffering from PTSD but my [boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband] is and I don’t know how to handle this.”

heal ptsd


Read more...
http://healmyptsd.com/2014/02/ptsd-caregiver-tips.html

Learn more..
www.battlingthestormwithin.com

No comments: