Battling the Storm Within

Monday, December 15, 2014

Powerful story of healing from a fellow male veteran MST survivor - Watch Video



Graduating from high school midterm 1973 I joined the United States Air Force, eager and proud to make a career in the military. I had given this a lot of thought and desired to be in the Air Force since the cartoon "Roger Ram Jet" came out. This was my chance to honor my country and become a proud citizen. Several months into the Air Force I was assaulted sexually by enlisted ranks higher than mine.

It was sort of a secret fraternity, something recently I learned has been going on for decades in all branches and is covered up. Well today, along with 100's of 1000's of other sexual assault victims over 40 decades I break the silence of the horrible Black Box these atrocities forced me to live in. However, recently with help from friends and others, I am learning life as it should be, and not a black box of fear, shame and guilt. This is my "Ode to Joy", meaning a "pathway to joy.

Learn More... 
www.battlingthestormwithin.com

No comments: