Battling the Storm Within

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I joined the military because.... why did you join?


So I made a choice of joining the military as a career path to explore the world safely and to obtain some level of stability and success that I so greatly desired. I felt the only hurdle was me, what did I think could happen would. I knew I had to take control of my life; I did not want to end up being a statistic of being a black broke single parent struggling all my life.  I wanted to travel and make money, I was willing to take whatever risk there was to get there and joining the Army seemed to fit. Society promoted getting a good college education then a good job and retiring at an old age. It sounded good however the choice I made to join the US Army Reserves unknowingly drastically threw a curve ball into my big dream in the sky.

No comments: